We are looking for the new voices of adventure.
We want to discover poets who can explore their experiences and inspiration with clarity and originality.
Here at Shextreme, we think poetry and adventure have the potential to be the perfect partners; they are both a search for meaning, a journey that strips an experience down to the bone.
Adventure has a fascinating tradition of literature, but the active female voice is largely underrepresented.
We want to hear from women whatever their participation; arm chair adventurers, cyclists, paddlers, walkers, parkour runners, climbers, train travellers… Share your words with us.
SUBMISSIONS RULES AND TERMS
- Submissions must be no longer than 35 lines.
- Please send your poem attached to an email as a word document to ruth-at-shextreme.tv
- Deadline: 6th September, 2017.
THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
- Printed poem in Shextreme Film Festival programme
- Digitally released story featuring a short interview and your poem on Cooler.
- The opportunity to perform your poem at the festival and receive a video recording of the performance to take away.
Poet; filmmaker; runner; climber and Artistic Director at Kendal Mountain Festival.
Renowned novelist; performance poet; finalist of BBC Radio 4 Poetry Slam and Reader in Creative Writing at Bath Spa University.